Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thanks (BTG and all others cited, silently or aloud)

Thanks.

Thanks for a day in which reality has sunk in, (yet again):

+ The root cause is Political Correctness. People unable to engage in civil discourse based on facts, opinions, and conclusions, and certainly without blowing each other away or pouting because someone doesn't agree with them or has "hurt their feelings":

http://genietvanhetleven.blogspot.com/2012/09/libya-cairo-yemen-points-south-and-east.html
 

+ Thanks to my choir fellows for their temperate discussion of these issues (facts, opinions, conclusions: tell me if you have different facts available, but in the meantime argue the facts...)

Thanks to these brilliantly temperate people and their inspiration for me to encapsulate these views herein.

+ Got a letter today saying that the Government and all those "chairs" (Congressional, empty, or otherwise), can't make up their minds, so I (and certainly thousands, if not millions of others, [I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone]) am unemployed as of 28 September. 


Because of their collective intransigence, or incompetence, or both.

Remember that in November. 

As Clint Eastwood reminded us:


These dweebs are our employees. They are our hired help


And if the help won't help ("won't is an active verb: will not: they purposely refuse to do so) then you just have to let them go.

Reminds me of Eddie the gardener. He wants to wash the house, replace the clapboard. I want him to cut the grass and pull the weeds.


I offered him five hours a month at $30 an hour to do what I wanted done.


$30 an hour is a pretty generous offer for manual labor. But he didn't want to do that. He is an artiste.

OK, Eddie le artiste. Goodbye. I pay your paycheck. 

Or not.


So we have parted ways.




+ If you don't understand this then the simple tutorial is that:

      -You do what you are paid to do. If you do not do what you have been paid to do then you shall not be paid to do anything else, and God willing, shall never be paid again to do anything for me.

     - The Congress couldn't come to an agreement on the Budget, but agreed on draconian cuts in order to force themselves to come to an agreement. 

     - The cuts (called "sequestration", google for it) don't take place until 2 January 2013, after the election, but only if some other budget agreement does not take place.
 

    - But they still would not come to an agreement (nor do what they had been paid to do but instead kick the can down the road) so were forced to pass a "continuing resolution" that would let the Government (sorta) keep working. That means that they can continue to fund "essential services" but no others.

    - Renewing the contract on some geek studying cyber warfare certainly doesn't fit into the category of "essential services".


     - So here we are. After 28 September we are toast.

+  Nice of them (TBTG) to write me an explicit letter so saying, so I can use it to apply for unemployment. 


[Yet another means to suck down (only a small fraction of) the thousands of dollars they have already sucked down from my employer and me against our wills. My objective is to suck down back as much of MY money as I can legally. If anyone wants to argue the morality then please talk to someone else. 

     - Try talking to The One. Rotsa Ruck.

+ I am now going to get it back, by using the same force of your own laws and regulations, voted in by your multitude of people below the 98th percentile.

     - So how does that make me a terrorist?

+ Got the opportunity to reflect on what is causing all our troubles, including the budget intransigence and the recent violence south of Vienna (Austria, not Virginia). And my unemployment.



+ The root cause is Political Correctness. People unable to engage in civil discourse based on facts, opinions, and conclusions, and certainly without blowing each other away or pouting because someone doesn't agree with them or has "hurt their feelings":

http://genietvanhetleven.blogspot.com/2012/09/libya-cairo-yemen-points-south-and-east.html
 


Enjoy.

Or not.

God bless us all.

No comments: